Getting your space ready for a painting project is essential to protect your furnishings and provide easy access for our workers, therefore eliminating any possibilities of disruption or stress for your and your family. Accidents can happen, and an insurance claim on your vase can put a company in some serious financial difficulty.
Here’s what we at Brush & Color ask you to do to get your home ready to paint in Austin, TX.
- Please remove sentimental and fragile items (lamps, knickknacks, artwork, etc.) from the project area If possible, remove window treatments. If needed we can do this.
- If work is to be done in the restroom, please remove towels and personal items
- If cabinets, shelving, closets are to be painted; please remove contents
- Unplug electronics or mark cords that must remain plugged
- Please designate a restroom for crew use and bathtub or utility sink to clean up tools
- If you have pets, please make arrangements to keep them out of the work area
- If you have an alarm system, turn it off or be sure to let us know how to disarm the alarm should it trip accidentally
- Let us know your color selections at least a week in advance
- Signed forms and your deposit are due before work is scheduled.
Our Team’s Daily Agenda for Painting Your Home in Austin, TX!
Our crews generally begin work at 8:00AM, but other arrangements can be made. The crew will move furniture away from walls and return it to its original location (Please empty content from heavy pieces or china cabinets). Furniture and flooring will be well protected using plastic sheeting, paper or cloth drop cloths.
Anticipate a work site left tidy at the end of each day, with trash removed upon your project’s completion. Outlet covers and switch plates may be removed however, Brush & Color Painting cannot dismantle other electrical fixtures such as the mounting hardware on overhead lights.
We do not tamper or work with lead paint or asbestos.
If you have questions as the job proceeds, please speak with your crew foreman or estimator. We sincerely want to address whatever concerns may arise!!
Leftover paint will be labeled and left at your home for future touch-ups.
Cure Times for Latex Paints
Latex paints dry to the touch in a few hours but take about 30 days to fully cure. Please discuss cure times with your estimator or foreman and plan accordingly before replacing items on shelving, rehanging art work, or closing newly painted doors – especially during periods of high humidity.
Please refrain from using cleaning products for AT LEAST 30 days after painting is completed!
YOUR SATISFACTION MATTERS MOST!
Brush & Color Painting does not consider your project complete until you confirm that you are pleased. Be sure to let us know if anything is amiss or has been overlooked. Thank you so much!!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed this Blog!! I’m Nicholas Painter, of Brush & Color Painting. You can book an estimate at brushandcolor.com, it takes less than a minute!